Alan M. Silverman, Ph.D. CFASenior Vice President
Year Joined Shields & Company:
Alan is a financial advisor and research analyst specializing in retail and real estate investment trusts.
Previous Experience/Career Highlights:
Alan previously held positions as Managing Director, Senior Vice President, and Senior Security Analyst at investment firms Ladenburg, Thalmann & Co, Shearson Hayden Stone, and Brown Brothers Harriman.
Education and Certifications:
- Brooklyn College, B.A. – Economics with honors,
- Columbia University, Ph.D. – Economics,
- New York Society of Security Analysts Textile and Apparel Analysts Group, Former President
- Long Island University/Mitchel College, Former Instructor – Economic Analysis and Labor Economics
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®), Completed 9/15/1970
Other Interests and/or Affiliations:
Alan enjoys going to antique shows and, in particular, collecting rare books.