Alan M. Silverman, Ph.D. CFA
SVP, Financial Advisor
Year Joined Shields & Company: 1993
Alan is a financial advisor and research analyst specializing in retail and real estate investment trusts.
Alan previously held positions as Managing Director, Senior Vice President, and Senior Security Analyst at investment firms Ladenburg, Thalmann & Co, Shearson Hayden Stone, and Brown Brothers Harriman.
Education & Certificate:
- Brooklyn College, B.A. – Economics with honors,
- Columbia University, Ph.D. – Economics,
- New York Society of Security Analysts Textile and Apparel Analysts Group, Former President
- Long Island University/Mitchel College, Former Instructor – Economic Analysis and Labor Economics
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®)
Alan enjoys going to antique shows and, in particular, collecting rare books.