Larry A. Shadek
Managing Member, Financial Advisor
Year joined H.G. Wellington: 1986
At Wellington Shields, Larry is a Financial Advisor and believes that a disciplined investment strategy, mostly in equities, is the key to good long-term returns for his customers and family. Larry looks for high-quality investment ideas using many resources.
Previous Experience/Career Highlights:
Larry was a managing director of H.G. Wellington from 1986-2009 when the firm merged with Shields & Company to form Wellington Shields & Co., LLC. He had joined H.G. Wellington in 1986 due to the merger with Stillman, Maynard & Co., a year after he had purchased an interest in Stillman. Before that, Larry worked for Moore & Schley as a registered representative and Limited Partner from 1972-1985.
Mr. Shadek is the former Chairman of the Pax World Management Company, an adviser to the Pax World funds, a leader in ESG investing which considers environmental, social and governance issues in the investment process. He has served as a panelist for the NYSE Department of Enforcement Hearing Board, as a NYSE Arbitrator, and was a past president of the Wall Street Sales Management Association.
Education and Certifications:
- Franklin & Marshall College, BA
- NYU Stern School of Business, MBA
Other Interests and/or affiliations:
- Larry serves on the Board of Trustees at Franklin & Marshall College
- Larry is a current Commissioner of the Men’s Basketball League in Alpine, NJ, Council Member of the City of Alpine, NJ and a previous member of the Alpine NJ Board of Education for 9 years
- Larry enjoys golf and flying in his spare time