President, Managing Member, Senior Portfolio Manager
Year joined Shields & Company: 2006
As President, Mr. McFadden oversees daily company operations, supervision of revenue-producing practices and firm policy, and the management of financial affairs. He is at the helm of all marketing efforts, including recruitment and website maintenance and is chief cyber security risk officer. In his role as Senior Portfolio Manager, he manages client portfolios and sits on the Wellington Shields Investment Committee. He is also co-Portfolio Manager of the Wellington Shields All-Cap and Small-Cap Funds. As with all WSC Board members, Mr. McFadden maintains a welcoming open door policy with all his colleagues.
Previous Experience/Career Highlights:
- CEO of Capital Management Associates, a registered investment advisor
- Research Analyst at predecessor firm, Shields & Company
- Director of Sales and Marketing, Blue Quail Wines of McFadden Vineyard
Education and Certifications:
- New York University’s Stern School of Business, MBA – Finance & Management,
- Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, BA
- FINRA Licenses: Series 7, 24, 63, 65
Other Interests and/or affiliations:
Mr. McFadden’s active lifestyle includes skiing, golfing, hunting, running, scuba diving, tennis and travel. He maintains his involvement in his family winery in Mendocino County, California and serves on the Steering Committee of the American Museum of Natural History’s Junior Council. Mr. McFadden is also an Ambassador for the Headstrong Foundation, which provides mental health care for post-September 11th military veterans.