Executive Assistant, Office Operations Manager
Year joined Wellington Shields: 2015
Carol is the Executive Assistant to the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. Her initiative to take responsibility for various administrative tasks around the office led to an additional role as Office Operations Manager. In this capacity, she also serves as the liaison between the office building’s management and Wellington Shields.
Previous Experience/Career Highlights:
With over 30 years of administrative experience, Carol brings to Wellington Shields a proficiency in various skills from the financial, non-profit, technology, legal and real estate fields.
Her previous employers include Twenty-First Securities, Royal Alliance, Coldwell Banker Phillips, Salomon Brothers, Boys Scouts of America, Reid & Priest, Kirlin, Campbell & Keating, Yula Corporation and Manitowoc Forsythe.
Other Interests and/or affiliations:
- Carol is married with five daughters, four grandchildren and a mixed Terrier named Chloe.
- She is an avid sports spectator and participant. She plays in a competitive dart league in Glendale, Queens receiving the coveted title of “Top Female” for the past 8 seasons and has received awards for “Top Female Singles” and “Top Female Overall Average”.
- Carol enjoys writing poetry and stories, puzzles, word games, poker and music.
- Giving back to her community is important and relevant. Carol coached girls basketball from 2003-2014 with St. Pancras CYO in Glendale, Queens, NY. From 2011 – 2017 she was their Volleyball Athletic Director and from 2009 – 2017 she was an active Board Member. She continues with the program as an honorable member.
- Carol single handedly conducted multiple fundraisers for St. Pancras School in the past raising several thousands of dollars as an Avon Representative and has helped CYO with several fundraising initiatives. She negotiated and implemented a community service program with two neighboring Catholic schools to provide service hours for Confirmands.
- “I am passionate in what I do and am driven to succeed. The smallest detail can make the biggest difference. Building relationships and rapport is essential to success. Therefore, client and employee interaction is always conducted with respect. I am not just an assistant, I am a partner working with you toward a common goal”.